Scholarships for Students and Developing Professionals
The Dallas Chapter of TAAP is committed to contributing to the investment and development of future professionals in our field. We believe in the fundamental responsibility to facilitate the training and growth of students committed to serving in our profession of counseling for substance use disorders and the disease of addiction.
Scholarships will be awarded to deserving students that have demonstrated a commitment in their pursuit of academic and practical preparation for counseling for substance use disorders. Consideration will be given to students that have shown dedication and devotion to their own development, to service in the field, and to contributing to the betterment of others. The recipients should reflect the ideals and goals of TAAP or other organizations that serve professionally in the field of addiction and recovery.
Purpose of Scholarships
Promote student addiction studies research and develop the importance of student research projects in NASAC accredited programs, NAADAC approved programs in higher education, or an accredited addiction studies higher education program acknowledged by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) that provide research or education to the addiction profession.
To encourage students to engage in studies leading towards becoming an LCDC, or students that are a current member of Dallas TAAP and working towards advanced degrees either a Bachelor or Masters degree in Behavioral Health, (counseling, social work, human service technology)
- Two LCDC students will receive $1000 each
- One undergraduate student (Bachelors level) will receive $1500
- One graduate student (Masters level) will receive $2000
- Award monies will be submitted in the students’ names to their educational debtor
- Is attending a community college/university or other approved educational institution and is in good standing
- Must have at least one full year (fall and spring semester) of coursework remaining
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of B (2.7-3.0) or higher
- Preference will be given to those that live in North Texas
- Priority given to TAAP student members, but not required
- Application open for submission January 1 through May 31st for fall semester and August 1 through October 31st for spring semester.
- Final deadline for turning in applications – May 31st for fall semester, and October 31st for spring semester
- Recipients will be notified about their scholarship award – June 30th for fall semester and November 30th for spring semester
- The completed application form, academic transcript, letters of reference, and the research paper must be submitted together electronically to TAAP at dallastaap.com or mailed to:
Attention: Dallas TAAP Scholarship Committee
11700 Preston Road, Suite 600 #229, Dallas, Texas 75230
Keep In TouchNewsletter - Subscribe